What about Desktop Publishing?


Q. I found a course that is offered through my local community college, and it is called “Desktop Publishing.” It offers Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Do you think this would be a good start for training for a career in Graphic Design?

    Elbowroom says:
    That course at your college will probably give you a good overview of the software. However, “desktop publishing” is kind an old-school term, and usually refers to fairly elementary layout tasks. It’s Graphic Design adapted for everyday, at-home or small-office uses, rather than Graphic Design for professional applications in a design studio. The course won’t be very advanced or cutting edge, but will likely give you a good start in the programs.